Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Thanksgiving Tree

Made this Thanksgiving tree as part of our Thanksmas decorations, saw the idea in a magazine but as usual I can't remember where..
I found a piece of wood in the yard that the tree trimmers must have missed and drilled a small hole in it to fit a branch that I collected on one of our dog walks. Cut some leaf shapes out of  plain and patterned scrapbook paper, wrote a few things that I'm thankful for on the plain ones. Hot glue the leaves to the branch and it's a Thanksgiving tree!




This is how I organize my scrapbook paper - works good for me. In a hanging file holder I have all the paper in different sections (cardstock, 12x12, patterned, smaller sized paper...) and in an expandable folder I keep scraps of paper - I find that I need a small piece of paper for lots of projects so I keep the leftover scraps to use so I don't have to waste a whole sheet when I just need a little. Then I have the paper standing on a shelf in my craft closet along with other types of paper organized in a standing file holder. 








No comments:

Post a Comment