Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Paper Gift Box

Clicking thru a bunch of Ronda Wade's youtube videos showing all kinds of fun paper crafts the other day, I found this one from a couple years ago showing how to make a cute little paper gift box - it comes together so quickly and turned out so good that I will definitely be keeping this idea in my arsenal of gift enclosures (she's given me SO many great ideas, I can't believe that she keeps coming up with different ones!). I didn't decorate mine like she did, I love this cute decorative paper so much I didn't want to cover it up - she makes beautiful multi-layered designs but I'm way lazier and decided to just let this paper stand alone... I might add some gems or sequins for a little sparkle, we'll see. I think it'll be perfect for a baby shower gift - I'm thinking I'll put a gift card and maybe some little kisses or something inside. So cute! 

Obviously you can decorate yours however you like :) Click here to see Ronda make hers, I took lots of photos while making the actual box, and you can watch her if you can't follow my words and also to see how pretty she decorates hers. 

This is quite easy to make, and it only takes one sheet of 8.5" x 11" cardstock and some ribbon to make the box, plus whatever papers and embellishments you want for decorating the top. The finished box is     3 1/2" square and 3/4" high.

Score the paper and fold along all the lines:

on the long side - score at 3 1/2", 4 1/4", 7 3/4", and 8 1/2"

on the short side - score at 1 3/4", 2 1/2", 6", and 6 3/4"


scores on the long side

all the score lines made, now fold along every line

Remove the 2 rectangles on the right side, same for the left side except leave one little square so you'll have tabs - see the next picture:



Apply glue to the flap on the right - Ronda used tear tape but I don't have any so I applied glue stick. Fold in the 2 side flaps and then fold the glued flap up over the side flaps. See the next picture:




Fold the little square tabs in, and then close the 'lid':





Wrap a length of ribbon around the box to hold it shut. Place the bow at the side of the box where the cover will open when you untie the bow:


Now that your box is made it's time to decorate. I cut a piece of white paper 3 1/4" square, and the cute decorative paper 3" square. Glue the pretty paper on top of the white paper:


Add 4 foam dimentionals and attach the paper to the box over the ribbon - the dimensionals make the paper stand off the box a bit so the ribbon can slide out, if you stick the paper directly to the box with glue you'll fix the ribbon in place and that's fine too:
 


That's it! This comes together very quickly - as usual it took me way longer to type this then to actually make the box! Cute idea, right?

5.12.20: MSIH: pasties

5.12.19: đŸ”¥

5.12.18: Amsterdam tulips

5.12.17: summer vegetable bake

5.12.16: makeup remover wipes tip

















No comments:

Post a Comment