Saturday, May 15, 2021

Gazpacho #2

I posted a gazpacho recipe 3 years ago that had bread in it - click here for the recipe - it's really good but I wanted to make a lighter version without bread, so came up with this recipe after getting a few ideas online. It's just as good as gazpacho #1. I do still feel like gazpacho just tastes like runny salsa haha, but I'm changing my mind about not liking it - this is light and fresh, easy to put together, and was a perfect lunch. I pulsed it in the food processor to get it finely chopped but still chunky, you could just hand dice each vegetable if you want it very chunky (or don't have a processor). 


I didn't really measure the veggies so add as much as you want according to your preference - I'll guesstimate to give you an idea: 

  • tomatoes (I used a big handful of cherry sized)
  • cucumber (I used 1/2 an english hothouse cuke and left the peel on)
  • 1/3 orange bell pepper
  • 3 stalks celery
  • bunch of green onions, white and a little of the light green part
  • 1 minced garlic clove
  • 2 T. olive oil
  • 2 T. white wine vinegar
  • 1 T. apple cider vinegar
  • 1 t. Italian seasoning
  • 1 t. pepper, or to taste
  • 1/2 t. Worcestershire sauce 
  • salt to taste
  • 1 1/2 cups V8 juice (I used hint of pepper version)


1. Roughly chop the tomatoes and sprinkle with coarse salt while you are chopping the other veggies. 

2. Roughly chop the rest of the vegetables. Add everything to the food processor (if you're using) and pulse until it's the texture you want. Adjust the seasonings to taste. 

3. Transfer to a glass bowl and refrigerate overnight for the flavors to develop (but it tasted good right away if you don't want to wait!). 

5.15.16: steak fries

No comments:

Post a Comment