Friday, May 21, 2021

White Fish Ceviche

Here's another light, fresh, and easy recipe from Macey - with summer and high temps coming quickly this no-cook dish might be a nice refreshing lunch or appetizer idea; I've never made ceviche before, I don't love fish so this might not be my favorite thing but I'm willing to try it and see! 


Ceviche is raw fish 'cooked' in citrus juice, somehow the acid in the juice changes the raw fish into not-raw fish - hahaha, not sure what word to use for 'not-raw' because I don't know if 'cooked' is the right word? It's no longer raw after marinating it in the juice. I did google how long to leave the fish marinating before it's ready to eat - seems like at least 1 hour at the minimum and a few recipes said they leave it for 4 hours. Check it after an hour and then keep checking until it's 'cooked' to your preferred doneness. I'd go 4 hours for sure, I'm not eating raw fish! You can use any mild white fish, Macey says she just buys what's on sale and looks good. I know you can also do this prep with shrimp and scallops. Here's how she makes it:

Cut the fish into small pieces and marinate in a mixture of lemon, lime, and orange juices (you want enough juice to completely cover the fish). Once it's done to your liking, toss with chopped tomatoes, onions, fresh jalapeƱo, avocado, mint, and fresh cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips (blue corn organic is my personal favorite). 

No comments:

Post a Comment