Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Smoothies To Go

I flew home for a super quick trip and didn't have time to get groceries...and apparently didn't plan ahead so there would be some food in the freezer waiting for me...so when poor Brooke spent the night I had nothing for breakfast before taking her to school! I felt bad but fortunately she's a good sport and when I suggested a can of soup she was all for it :) So we split some creamy chicken noodle and I made us the worlds most basic smoothie that we took to go in the car. I did have some frozen bananas and strawberries so blended them with peanut butter and water. Super gourmet, I know. Maybe we were just really hungry, or maybe she was just being nice, but they were good.

My point of all this is that Brooke came up with a really good idea to take these in the car: we put a piece of plastic wrap over top of our glasses, put a rubber band around the cup to hold it in place, then poked a straw thru the plastic. Totally worked. Clever, right? Some days it's all about improvising.





No comments:

Post a Comment