Monday, May 14, 2018

Organizing...Big Shot Envelopes

Thanks to helping Ronda at her Stampin' Up card studio, I am starting to amass a collection of Big Shot die cut sets (they are like metal templates that are sharp on one side, you lay them on paper and run thru the Big Shot machine and it punches out shapes, letters, or numbers...way way way easier and cleaner than cutting them out by hand!) - each set comes in a clear rigid envelope so storing them is easy but there aren't pictures on the outside to remind me of what is in each one and most have little pieces that you can't even tell what they are going to be until you run it thru the big shot. So I spent some time going thru each one, punching out example pieces and downloading pictures from my computer for examples of how to use them, then put the examples back in the folders so when I flip thru the envelopes I can see what each one contains.

To store the envelopes I have them standing (alphabetically, also thanks to Ronda) in a basket so flipping thru them to find the one I want is simple and organized.
see what I mean - how are you going to know what these shapes are?! 
...so I found this card idea online to add to the envelope and give me a clue what this set does. 
here are 4 different clear envelopes holding the die cut pieces with my examples where I can see them. 
another example of what I mean - this ones shows 4 different ideas for this set
of die cuts along with notes on what a couple of the little pieces are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment