Monday, May 21, 2018

Poor Man's Beef Stroganoff...by Jenny

First of all don't let my husband know I called this "Poor Man" anything.  He will be offended by the insult of his secret recipe.

Also don't let my husband know I have said this isn't really "Beef Stroganoff" at all.  He thinks it is and will defend it with way more hostility than is appropriate.

I will say though it is delicious and the kids (and all of their friends) LOVE it.  They love it so much its been team dinners for their sports teams when it is our turn as it feeds a lot of people economically and easily.

That said lets jump right into the top secret recipe.

Mushroom soup, sour cream, Meat, Canned Mushrooms, Onions, Noodles.
Yep.  Top secret.  Don't let it get out.






































4 cans Cream of Mushroom soup
16 oz container Sour Cream (we use light which tastes exactly the same)
1 medium size onion
1 lb of stew meat
Large can of mushrooms (you can of course use fresh if you prefer)
1 bag of No Yolk egg noodles.

We brown the meat with the mushrooms and diced onions, add the soup and sour cream and slowly heat until warm.  Sometimes I add a little skim milk if the sauce seems to thick (or I want it to feed more people)..
We serve this over the cooked egg noodles.

Again- Delicious but not beef stroganoff but don't tell my husband.





No comments:

Post a Comment