Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Taco Pie

True story - I flew home last month for a very short visit and my sis was nice enough to invite me over for dinner since I didn't have any food in the house. Thoughtful, right? I asked if she needed anything since I have to drive by the grocery store on my way to her house... and she basically said she needed everything for dinner and had to work late so wouldn't be home in time to make it - you can see where this is going right? Inser eye roll.  I stopped and bought all the ingredients, and then made dinner at her house... so much for my one chance of having her make me dinner!! LOL ;)


I kept it simple and made Taco Pie. Usually we make this in a round dish so it's like a pie but I wasn't sure how many people were eating it so I doubled the ingredients and made it in a 13x9 dish.

You can totally adjust this to your liking - I browned 2 pounds of ground beef (if you buy leaner meat you won't have so much grease to drain off, I usually get the lowest fat one) and a chopped onion together in a frying pan until the meat was cooked thru (I don't like big chunks of ground meat so I really break it up while it's cooking).

In a bowl combine 2 cans of refried beans with a can of fire roasted diced tomatoes with chilies (or just regular diced tomatoes) and a small can of chopped jalapeƱos. You can add a little chili powder or taco seasoning if you want. Mix in the cooked burger and onion mixture.

Spread a little of the meat mixture in the bottom of the dish. Top with flour tortillas, it's ok to overlap them. Spread 1/3 of the meat mixture over the tortillas and sprinkle with a handful of shredded cheese. Add another layer of tortillas and repeat twice ending with cheese on the very top. Bake for 30 minutes at 350' until hot and cheese is melted. I like to serve with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, and sour cream but you do whatever you like!

You're welcome sissy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment