Saturday, December 15, 2018

Rolled Paper Christmas Tree

I can't remember where I saw the idea for this easy rolled paper tree, quite truthfully I get ideas from so many places it all runs together! Fortunately for me I'm a paper scrap hoarder (I hate wasting paper!) so putting this together was a cinch. Super simple but cute - I'm thinking to add them to the top of wrapped gifts, or punching a small hole in the top and attaching string to hang them up. I stuck all of this together using glue dots so it's a very kid friendly project.

I used 7 different patterned papers (all from Stampin' Up), a 1" x 7" strip of chipboard for the base, 1 wood star, and a bunch of glue dots. The rolls are 1" wide at the top of the tree and 4.5" at the bottom, increasing each roll by 1/2"; each piece of paper is 3" long before coiling it. So for this tree I cut:

3" x 1"
3" x 1.5"
3" x 2"
3" x 2.5"
3" x 3"
3" x 3.5"
3" x 4"
3" x 4.5"

You can make your tree bigger or smaller (my tree is 8" tall) by changing the sizes of the rolls - by starting with 3 inches before coiling the paper, each of my rolled papers ended up making a 1" high roll.

To make each roll: Curl the paper around a pencil to help give it a curved shape before gluing the roll closed. Once you have as many rolls as you want, glue them to the chipboard and stick the star on the front. You could also put ribbon, a bow, or nothing on the top if you prefer! This would also be cool out of different wrapping papers - hey I have an idea,  you could even coordinate the tree to match your gift wrapping and lay it on top of the present ... oh I'm so going to do that!


No comments:

Post a Comment