Saturday, December 8, 2018

Snowman Place Setting and Christmas Tree Lights

I posted this back in 12/2015, since I've done 5 snowman things this week I thought I'd finish it up with a snowman repeat - isn't this fun? Super easy, and so cute.


I'm actually making another snowman craft but I didn't get it done in time to post today - mostly because my little Christmas tree's lights quit working last night and even though I was tempted to just go buy a new pre-lit tree I thought I'd try re-stringing it instead....and it took me most of the day! I took all the ornaments and stuff (and there's a lot of stuff) off, and then figured out how to remove the existing non-working lights - and in the process learned a couple very helpful tree-lighting tips!

Maybe you already knew this, but I didn't...the lights that were used to string the tree are icicle lights. Such a good idea that I wish I would have known years ago - the part of the light strand that hangs down and would form the icicle if you were hanging them as intended (for example across a railing or balcony), is what they used for each branch. One icicle is wound around one branch, repeating with the next icicle and next branch. Genius.

The other thing I discovered, and I wonder if these are for sale, is small plastic clasps shaped like a horseshoe were used to anchor the end of each icicle farthest out on the branch - I've never noticed them before and I'm going to see if I can find some for the next time I want to put lights up (I have string lights on my big bamboo/palm/whatever it is tree that is usually in my living room - I love having the little twinkle lights on all year 'round - the plastic clip things would be really helpful for something like that).

It wasn't what I planned to do today, but a couple good things came out of it and I now have a fully lit and decorated tree (can you believe Dave thought we should just leave the tree without lights up until after Christmas and deal with it then? What's the point of a Christmas tree if I can't have twinkle lights? Eye roll) that I will enjoy looking at for the rest of December.


No comments:

Post a Comment