Monday, November 2, 2020

Flamingo Donut Cake by Brooke

Hey guys! The other day was my aunts birthday. she does not like cake.. but she does like donuts! So I made her this flamingo donut cake and flamingo donut holes!


 I just bought a case of a dozen glazed donuts and donut holes. And the flamingo decorations (which were also candy btw) were from Michaels! I put 4 donuts in a square 2x2 then put 4 more on top of those. Then I took the last 4 donuts and put pink sprinkles on top of them and put them on top of the cake. Then I took the flamingo head and put it in between the two donuts on top. And then I used frosting on the bottom of the plate to stick the wings down to the plate and leaned them against the donuts. Then the donut holes I just put on a plate and stuck the flamingo pieces in the top of them! I thought this was super cute and the donuts were delicious!!




Jill here: can I just say how much I love this kid? She knows me so well - and I could not have asked for a more perfect birthday 'cake'!! Funny thing happened when I wanted to save the flamingo head and wings for future use - when I washed them off they started to melt!! I didn't realize they are candy (I knew the little flamingo picks were edible but didn't know about the big pieces!); so after some frantic jumping around yelling 'they're melting, they're melting' we blotted them off quickly and set out overnight on waxed paper and they are still usable for next time - crisis averted LOL!!! Thanks again for this amazing 'cake' B! ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment