Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Stuffing with Zucchini

Stuffing with Zucchini? Stuffing and zucchini? Or should it be 'zucchini with stuffing'? Don't know - don't care as all of them are dumb names hahahah. I do know that I'm not a huge zucchini lover, or a big stuffing fan - but for some reason combining I really like the combination of the two! Whether it's because it tones down the zucchini texture (I don't like when it's cooked and gets really soft) or because it lightens up the stuffing - either way this is a keeper in my book.

I know it's starting to warm up and a side dish of stuffing might not sound right, but we had it with a salad and grilled pork chops so didn't seem too heavy - if you don't want it now just save it for later in the year!

Super easy - chop up zucchini into bite sized chunks and put in a shallow casserole dish (I sprayed the dish with non-stick cooking spray first); make stove-top (or your favorite stuffing mix) according to package directions and layer it over the zucchini. (note: I didn't add anything to the stove-top, just mixed the seasoned bread with water and melted butter). Bake for 30 minutes until the stuffing is hot and golden brown. Stir it up and enjoy (hopefully you'll like this as much as we do!)





4.27.21: TT stovetop splatter tip

4.27.20: t-shirt face mask

4.27.19: Brooke made a bubble maker - hey, that'd be a fun boredom buster for the kiddos!

4.27.18: Mickey's beersbee - an adult boredom buster!

4.27.17: accessories closet - organizing, now that's my kind of boredom busting ;)

4.27.16: decadent chocolate cake - not sure I can call cake a boredom buster LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment