Thursday, April 27, 2017

Organizing...Accessories Closet

We have a small closet in the middle of our bedroom that I turned into my "accessories" closet - Our clothes closet is a decent size but not huge and no place to store all my shoes, scarves, purses, and jewelry so this little closet is perfect for that. We put up peg board on the back wall where I hang necklaces and bracelets, along with a few small purses, etc. On one side is cheap put-together-yourself stacking bookshelves that hold my shoes (I either keep them in the boxes they come in or clear plastic shoe boxes and I label them so I can easily find what I'm looking for); and I have stacking plastic drawers to hold scarves, other jewelry, sunglasses, wallets, etc. - and of course the drawers are labeled, duh ;). On the floor is a basket for my stinky tennis shoes, and on the other side wall is a couple fixed shelves where my purses are lined up and boots stand up underneath. The closet has a door so I don't have to look at any mess if things don't get put back exactly in their correct spot thank goodness - this has been a great solution for all my fun accessories, so easy to see what I have and find what I want...and it limits me (somewhat) to not buy any more shoes than can fit on these shelves! By the way, the closet is much taller than the picture shows and I have shelves up to the ceiling. Yep, I sorta kinda have a shoe thing. What's your thing and how do you manage it?



1 comment: