Sunday, April 2, 2017

BBQ Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes

I saw a recipe on cookinglight.com for bbq pork stuffed sweet potatoes, I had the potatoes already but didn't have pork so I changed it to chicken (since I keep cooked chunks in the freezer, remember? click here for that post) - they also made homemade bbq sauce but I took the short cut route and used Sweet Baby Ray's.

Cut cooked chicken up into small pieces and heat thru (I just micro'd for a few seconds) then stir in bbq sauce to taste. Spoon that on top of a hot baked sweet potato (click here for the easiest foolproof way to bake them - I do a few ahead of time and then just heat them back up), then top with a dollop of sour cream. Oh man this is a good quick simple dinner!

served with steamed kale left over from Al's peanut soup (click here for that post)

No comments:

Post a Comment