Monday, April 17, 2017

Money Origami

I can waste time like nobody's business. I sat down to pay bills, do some office work, clean up my desk...and then I saw the stack of crisp one dollar bills that I traded Sheryl for (she took my crumbled old bills and exchanged them for the crispy new ones). Actually she got them from the bank the other day and before putting them in the till asked me if there was anything I'd like to do with them - money origami hadn't occurred to me until right then, so this next "craft" project is her fault really. Anyway - I saw the bills on my desk and then googled "crafts using dollar bills" and the next thing you know an hour and a half flew by and I'm the proud owner of some folded bills :)


These were all very simple, just follow the directions I found here at craftyjournal.com if you want to make for yourself...except the "dime-in-ring" one (get it? look at the picture), that was a real pain in the you-know-what but I was determined to figure it out. And it's dumb - but click here at helenmade.blogspot.com if you have to try it. I have some bills left and want to make money origami animals but seriously, I need to stop messing around and accomplish something - stayed tuned for more origami time-suckers later.

dollar bill wallet.  tie with something to keep closed (or make a belly band like I did
with the origami gift card holder, click here for that post)

pull the two sides apart to insert your gift

back side of dollar wallet

2 different hearts. "easy" on the left, harder but nicer is on the right.

backside of hearts

awwww a bunny bill. you could double stick google eyes on if you want, - I just used the hole-punch
that is at my desk to punch out paper eyes and nose from paper in my trashcan, then double stick on with tape. Too lazy to walk to craft room for eyes...

framed dollar - once again too lazy to go get colored paper so just used printer paper ...obviously would
be cuter with colored/patterned paper. Maybe write inside "thought you'd like a picture of Abraham Lincoln"
 - or whoever is on the front of the bill you are giving away! 

the "dime-in-ring". This one was confusing and a time-sucker. 

I enjoy the dollar wallet (you can insert a gift card, more dollars, or a note!) and the smaller heart a lot, I'll def make those for gifts in the future. If one of you asks what I got done today I'm gonna smack ya' ;)

1 comment: