Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Freezing Avocados

Did you know you can freeze avocados? I recently read about it and thought I'd give it a try. Not much to it - quarter the avocado, remove the peel and pit, put in the freezer in a single layer until the quarters are frozen thru and then put them all in a baggie or freezer container. I learned by trial and error to freeze the quarters separately before combining them or they'll freeze together in a big ole avocado clump. The texture does change after thawing so use these for avocado toast or a spread - either take out a piece or two and put in the fridge to thaw overnight, or stick in the micro for a couple seconds to thaw it. I especially love this idea when avocados are on sale - I can get excited and buy too many like usual and now I'll freeze them if I don't eat them fast enough!

1 comment: