Thursday, April 13, 2017

Roasted Carrots 2

I've posted a simple recipe for roasted carrots in the past (click here for that post), after making the JAR pot roast last weekend though I thought I'd share another easy way to make them. I made 4 pounds of carrots and we have a few left over but not many (and there was only 7 of us!), they are so good everyone loves them.



Wash the carrots (no need to peel), cut off the tops. If they are standard size carrots I cut them in half and then cut the big top half in half, or quarters if they are really big. Cut them so they are similar in size for even roasting. Put them all in a big 13x9 casserole dish, drizzle with olive oil, season with coarse salt and coarse pepper and sprinkle with thyme. Toss all in the dish and then roast at 400' for at least an hour, stirring occasionally.

This is similar to my other recipe post but I like tossing them all in the casserole dish instead of laying out individually - one less step is good! The longer you cook them the better they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment