Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Organizing Recipes

There are numerous ways to keep track of recipes - here's how I do it:


I have a two folder system that works really well for me. Recipes I want to try go in a large binder - I have all of the loose recipes I rip out of magazines or newspapers, or that I print out to try, or people give me, in plain manila folders labeled with different categories (main dish, desserts, etc.) and they are all in the binder. I have them separated in folders because there are SO many loose recipes that I want to try that I need to keep them somewhat organized or it would take me forever to find one! If I feel like making a new cookie for instance, I only have to flip thru the dessert folder. Once I've made the recipe and I like it enough to make it again it gets moved to my good recipe folder - I love this folder! I think it's by Hallmark, about 7.5 x 10 inches, 3 hole punch, and you can buy plastic dividers, pages, and pockets to fit. And it holds a ton of recipes, mine is full but it'll let me keep adding which is great. I have the recipes sorted by types there as well - it's just the handiest way I've found to keep them organized, I use this folder ALL the time to access my tried and true keeper recipes.


This is just the way I handle paper recipes - all of the recipes that I find online go in a folder on my computer desktop and that's a whole other post... most of them I print off after I've tried them if it's one I'll return to and put it in my actual folder, but I also keep them on the computer as a backup.




Man do I have a lot of recipes!! How do you guys keep your recipes organized?

1 comment:

  1. I just keep them organized in a folder on my desktop. I do have a few favorite recipe books. I had to purge a lot of old and I mean old recipe books that I had not looked at in years, I kept what I liked and used.

    ReplyDelete