Sunday, April 16, 2017

Veggie Fried Rice

I'm not sure how to actually make authentic fried rice but here's my version - an easy way to use up leftover cooked rice and clean out the veggie drawer. It's a non-recipe recipe so just wing the amounts...

In a large frypan or wok add a little oil and whatever chopped up veggies you have on hand. For this batch I used orange bell pepper, carrots, corn, and sugar snap peas - chop them pretty small so they'll cook quickly. Saute for a couple minutes and then add the leftover cooked rice. Once the rice is heated thru and starts to get just a tiny bit crispy but not browned make a hole in the center and crack an egg into it. As the egg starts to cook slowly break it up and stir into the rice until it's totally combined with the rice and veggies and cooked thru. I don't add any sauce because I don't like to use very much soy, but feel free to add now if you want. Once it's done I lightly sprinkle with soy sauce and season with salt and pepper - and this is weird but I also add a little bit of grated parmesan... don't knock it till you've tried it haha. Yum.


No comments:

Post a Comment