Monday, April 18, 2022

Turkey Taco Filling (and more)

This is a simple recipe and I wasn't really planning to blog it but it turned out to be a very versatile meal so I figured I share. 


I intended to eat this taco filling in lettuce wraps for a healthy lunch - which I did and it was great - but then I thought it'd be good on top of a salad (sort of another take on my taco-salad hack) - which I did and it was great. And then I had another thought (full of thoughts, right?!) that if I added some water it might make a good soup - which I did and it was great. Taco filling, salad topping, chili-like soup - however you want to eat it, it's delish. 

  • 1 lb. ground turkey
  • 1 small container pico de gallo (I found this in the produce section - it's a mix of fresh onions, tomatoes, black beans, and corn)
  • 1 packet taco seasoning
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • 8 oz. can tomato sauce
  • salt and pepper

Brown the turkey. Add the pico de gallo and cook a few minutes until the onions are cooked down a bit. Stir in the taco seasoning and chicken broth, cook until the liquid is mostly absorbed. Stir in the tomato sauce and cook until it's warmed thru. Season with salt and pepper to taste. 

I forgot to take a photo of it on the salad - so just picture that it looks just like this with lettuce underneath



for the soup I just added some water, topped with a little cheese and sour cream  

4.18.21: 🔥 week 16



4.18.16: hair tie

No comments:

Post a Comment