Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Tip-sy Tuesday: Herb Flowers

My herb pallet garden is growing like crazy and if I don't keep up with trimming the plants then many of them will start to flower (right now my oregano is covered with flowers). Usually I cut the flowers off so the plant will stay full and bushy, and I've always thrown the cut flowers out - I just looked it up tho and most herb flowers are edible and safe to eat, and generally taste like the herb leaves. 

I found this additional info at gardeningknowhow.com: 

You can use edible herb blooms in syrups, cold beverages, as a tea, salads, baked goods, desserts, and many more applications. There are also other edible flowers like nasturtiums, violas, hollyhock, marigold, English daisy, and Dianthus. Flowers of some vegetables are also delicious like squash and artichoke.



No comments:

Post a Comment