Monday, August 8, 2022

Painted Knife Block

I've been wanting to paint my knife block for a long time but haven't gotten around to figuring out if I need to sand it first and all that - so when I found a baby knife block for the RV ('the cottage') with no varnish or sealer on it (it looks and feels like super cheap balsa wood) I figured it'd be a good way to practice. 


My goodness this was beyond simple and quick - because the paint basically soaked in and dried almost immediately I was able to paint 3 coats in about 1/2 hour. And it's so cute! 

My first plan was to only paint the bottom half, that's what I want for my big knife block, but then decided to just paint the whole thing - it's so small that you'd hardly see the paint if I only did the bottom half!





8.8.21: 🔥 week 32

8.8.20: caesar-inspired asparagus

8.8.19: msih - french onion soup with cauliflower 

8.8.18: cucumber and smoked salmon appetizer

8.8.17: Candy's corn shortcut

8.8.16: how to paint a "hello" doormat

No comments:

Post a Comment