Thursday, September 21, 2023

Butterkin Squash

When you see hard squashes appear at the store do you look at the pile and think "ahhh, it's Fall"? I do! 

I saw this Butterkin squash at the grocery store and don't think I've ever seen it before...so I googled what is it? I found that it's a new variety of butternut squash that blends butternut and pumpkin squash together. It has a sweet, smooth texture - I think it tastes more like butternut than pumpkin but you try it and see for yourself! 

I roasted it the same way I would any other hard squash - poke holes in the whole squash and microwave for a few minutes to make it easier to cut. Holding it with tongs (because it might be hot after microwaving), remove the stem and bottom, and cut in half. Remove the seeds and pulp, roast in a 400' oven until the flesh is soft. Then do whatever you want with it - I usually just scoop the soft flesh out and eat as is, you could add butter and/or maple syrup, puree it for soup, however you want. 





9.21:22: thru the years

9.21.21: TT - microwaving couscous

9.21.20: face mask with clear front 

9.21.19: antipasto pasta

9.21.18: rhubarb bbq sauce

9.21.16: sprinkles no-bake cheesecake

9.21.15: german chocolate cupcakes


No comments:

Post a Comment