Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Tip-sy Tuesday: microwaving couscous

We were at the RV last weekend and can't use the stove because of an issue with the propane regulator something something I lost track and not exactly sure what is wrong but there's a problem hahah - so we have been either grilling or microwaving (our camp neighbor Ginny volunteered to boil water anytime for us to make pasta or whatever, thanks Ginny). We had grilled salmon and salad, I was really hankering for a couscous mix but it only has stovetop directions - and here's the point to this post, I made it in the microwave and it totally worked. So - today's tip is the knowledge that you can easily prepare a boxed couscous mix in the microwave by boiling the water, oil, and spice packet in a big glass measuring bowl until hot (I did 3 minutes), remove from the microwave and stir in the couscous, cover and wait 5 minutes for the couscous to absorb the water. That's it! I will probably make it this way from now on and skip doing the stovetop. Don't have a picture - do you make couscous? If so, that's what it looks like. If not, you probably aren't still reading about my microwave discovery :)


PS: I have no idea why there are meme's for boiling water? LOL! 

No comments:

Post a Comment