Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Tip-sy Tuesday: Truck Bed Organizer

 2 things brought this handy tip about: 

(1) I have a pickup truck (named Junior).

(2) I am short.


When you have a pickup and you put stuff in the bed and then drive around, things go flying everywhere, and when you are short you can't reach anything in the bed that isn't about a foot from the tailgate. So I came up with this organizing system that has made my life soooooo much easier! I saw rubber totes at Costco for around 8 bucks and thought maybe they'd work for my idea - I didn't measure first but for $8 I figured if they didn't work I'd find another use for them, I got lucky and they are the perfect size! I put them side by side across the bed and hooked 2 bungies right behind them to hold in place. It's created 2 cubbies for containing groceries, etc. and now I can reach everything without having to climb into the truck bed 👍



There are a couple small holes in both sides of the bed, the top one is large enough to hook the bungie into but the lower one is too small. I found a couple eye hook screws that fit and I can hook the lower bungie to it. Ignore the net, that was my first attempt and organizing but things slid underneath it - I don't know why I took the picture with the net still there hahah! 




No comments:

Post a Comment