Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Tip-sy Tuesday: make a paper plate bowl (and a story about my neighbors!)

Quick little small world story and a gift hack for today -  my sister and b-i-l moved to new seats for MSU football, got chatting with the people sitting next to them and figured out they live right across the street from us. Random, right? What are the chances? And then get how lame I am - they've lived there for over a year and even though we wave I've never talked to them. So when Jen was telling me all about my nice neighbors I'm feeling like an idiot for not welcoming them to the neighborhood!

Although side note - in my defense they did move in around the start of Covid and then they put in a pool so I felt like if I went over and introduced myself at that point it was going to look like I just wanted to swim at their house LOL. 

Yesterday I made some cookies and a note saying 'how bad I feel for being so lame and here's some cookies so you'll forgive me' hahahha. I wanted to just leave them in their mailbox as a little surprise, and made a bowl out of a paper plate for the cookie container instead of just putting a baggie of cookies in the mailbox. 

This takes just a minute to do. Think of the plate as having 4 sides and fold the 4 edges into a square. Make 2 cuts on the edges across from each other, creating 2 flaps. Fold the flaps in, then fold the sides of the plate over the flaps and tape to hold in place (I tried using a stapler but that didn't work very good). Check out the pics for a visual of what I'm trying to say:




This is actually cuter in person then in the above pics - the cookies weren't bulging out of the bowl like they appear to be doing here hahahah. I thought about tying a ribbon around it but decided this was enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment