Friday, January 8, 2016

A Dog in the Blog...on a diet

Hi, this is Sarge. Apparently my mom isn't happy with just making stuff and blogging about it - she is now adding posts from me, the dog. I'm pretty sure this is just so she can say she has "a dog in the blog"...so even though I was busy doing fun stuff like barking at people walking by I'll go along with it this time.

I just turned three (mom made me pupcakes, remember? Click here to see the post) and even though I have a TON of energy and run around a lot, the vet (I really dislike that guy by the way) says I need to go on a diet. Great, now they are trying to starve me! The vet says maybe I get too many cookies, but I hardly get any - apparently you have to be a GOOD dog to get cookies and mom is really stingy with handing them out. To help me lose some weight mom adds canned green beans to my dog food - she just mushes up a handful and mixes them in. She thinks I don't notice, but she is giving me a few less kibble then the bag says I can have - at least I'm getting the green beans to add some bulk and fills me up more. Green beans don't add many calories or have any weird side effects (like do you know what happens when I eat baby carrots? Yep, they come out in big chunks when I go potty! Gross!) but the beans get digested just fine. I get a baby carrot at night when she feeds Lucy, she's now used to what it looks like later when she has to poop scoop after me.
does this make me look fat?

Ok, I gotta go - I think it's time for a nap. Sarge out.


2 comments:

  1. Cute! Brooke had to loose weight too. She did by getting valley fever, for which she is still on medication for. Another 6 months, but weight is up and she acts like she has no illness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of valley fever - but it sounds like a bad way to lose weight! Glad to hear she is acting ok :)

    ReplyDelete