Friday, January 15, 2016

Dipped Shortbread Cookies

We had friends over to watch football and even though everyone said they didn't want dessert I knew I better have a little sumthin' sumthin' on hand just in case. I was busy making meatballs (the best meatballs I've ever made! Will post that later I promise - I'm still thinking about them and how great they were) so didn't have time to do anything too time consuming...I usually have a box or two of girl scout cookies in the freezer and I had chocolate candy melt stuff leftover from making dipped pretzels so I made just about the easiest "after meatball sliders we don't want dessert" dessert ever.


1. melt the chocolate:



2. dip one edge of a shortbread cookie in the melted chocolate and shake it a little to remove some of the excess: 
                                                                 

3. lightly sprinkle with coarse salt, put on parchment paper until set, doesn't take long at all.


Oh, and for the record - maybe no one "wanted" dessert but these were devoured in like 3 minutes.

1 comment: