Saturday, January 2, 2016

Hot Buttered Rum

I've been seeing this drink and wondering (a) what is it (b) is there actually butter in it and (c) why would you put butter in a drink? So I decided to try it - there are lots of recipes and different ways to make this, I found a simple recipe here to experiment with.

You make a "batter" of butter, brown sugar, and spices, add that to a mug and top with a shot of rum (or whiskey) then fill up with hot water. Stir until it dissolves.

It's good but you don't really taste butter haha so I was disappointed. It's a good drink for a cold night tho that is easy to put together and is something different. Next time I will put less water in, I think it'll taste better (and maybe the butter flavor comes out more) less watered down.

No comments:

Post a Comment