Sunday, January 15, 2017

Mimi's Neighbor's Fish Tacos

Mimi 🍰:
Okay I got a recipe.
So we got asked to Brooks house who is our neighbor, and he made the best fish tacos ever. His were lightly fried but I didn't think that was necessary. Grilled would be just as good. 
So he did corn shells grilled in a pan, then flounder that he caught that was fried, but then he put pico, and Greek plain yogurt, cilantro and thyme in a bowl like sour cream 
He claims that the best part is this:



























But I didn't try that part. They were sooooo good without it.

He also said this. Which isn't in English. But that's how he fried the fish:
Soak fish in buttermilk and franks redhot. Breaker is house autry medium hot and add garlic powder.
Jill 🍩:
What's house autry?
Mimi 🍰:
Who knows. 
Jill 🍩:
Hahahahahaha
Mimi 🍰:
Is that even a word 
Jill 🍩:
I'm totally blogging that 
Mimi 🍰:
Hence I said this isn't English 
Jill 🍩:
Cuz I laughed 
Mimi 🍰:
Lmao 
He seems to think it is. 
The fish was amazing tho 
Jill 🍩:
We'll just go with buttermilk and garlic powder. 
Mimi 🍰:
😂
Seems about right 
I didn't notice any redhot
Jill 🍩:
If you didn't taste then neither will I. I don't like spicy either
Mimi 🍰:
Yah I'm not a huge fan
Jill 🍩 :
I got the rest. Corn tortilla warmed in pan, soaked fish grilled/fried, topped with homemade pico, yogurt mixed with cilantro and thyme. Done and sounds delish. 
Mimi 🍰:
It was so good


This is a pic of how Kyle made grilled fish tacos before getting Brooks recipe above. They are topped with homemade cole slaw and served with a side of black bean, corn, and tomato salad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment