Friday, September 9, 2022

Personalized Phone Case

Made this for my sis - she loves working out and does Peloton like every day, so I googled a bunch of funny things one of the instructors is famous for saying during his workouts (I googled because I don't do Peloton hahaha, I've just heard this Cody guy is pretty funny). Seemed like an easy, quick, crafty, personal thing to make her that she'd love...but I was wrong.

Not wrong about the crafty personal thing or about her loving it. Wrong about how easy and quick it was to make!

I made the letters using my Cricut Joy - the design part was easy, just type what you want to say and play around with scale and fonts until it looks good to you. Originally I had twice as many quotes but when I cut it out I had a terrible time with the tiny little letters! Weeding them from the vinyl sheets, transferring from the sheet to the transfer tape, then getting them to stick to the case - yikes. I cut out some of the quotes and made the rest a bit larger thinking that'd help but it didn't. Ugh.  The easy quick craft took me sooooooo long - the vinyl didn't cut right so I replaced the blade, then I changed the vinyl, then I contemplated just buying stickers (which would have been much easier haha), then I walked away from it for a few days and then had to finish it in a panic right before going to her birthday dinner.

In the end it came together, it turned out super cute and she does love it - but will I make another? Doubtful! If you want to make one I wish you luck, a steady hand, a Cricut that performs better than mine did on this project, and lots of patience. 


9.9.21: window signs (paint on old windows)

9.9.20: croissant bread pudding with bourbon sauce

9.9.19: DIY no-sew tutu

9.9.18: ðŸ”¥ week 36

9.9.17: wine cork flower holder

9.9.16: chopped champion aprons


No comments:

Post a Comment