Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Camping Rag Wreath

I made 2 rag wreaths out of patriotic material a couple years ago (click here for that post); last year I thought I'd make another one for the camper....just about the only general store here is Walmart so I had to pick from what they offered - a 12" wire wreath form and some camping-ish patterned fabric in colors that match our inside colors. Note: yes I said last year, and I put it away and forgot about it until today! 

This one is a little different from the other ones in that the wire form is smaller than the patriotic's 16" so I cut the strips shorter and a little narrower - about 1" x 5". I don't have a rotary fabric cutter here so did it by hand, to make things a little easier I folded the fabric so I could cut thru multiple layers at the same time, then cut the strips apart where they folded. 

I tied the strips on to each of the 4 wire rings this time instead of overlapping rings like before, each section held between 8-10. To attach the strips - fold the strip in half, put the folded side under a wire, fold the 2 ends up over the wire and thru the folded loop of fabric, pull taut. Then repeat a couple hundred more times! 






the reverse side...and Sarge :)

9.14.21: TT - truck bed organizer (short person solution!)

9.14.20: cake topper

9.14.19: 4th Anniversary

9.14.18: how to use a Big Shot 

9.14.17: road trip - S. Dakota

9.14.16: pina colada cupcakes


No comments:

Post a Comment