Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Strawberry Cream Pie

When I first saw this recipe it reminded me of the great strawberry-pineapple pie that Cathy makes (click here for that post), but it's different and also delicious so it's going in my recipe stash alongside hers. 


The whipped cream filling was a little soft, maybe I didn't whip it long enough or it was too humid the day I made it but it really didn't matter - it's still fluffy creamy berry goodness. I followed the recipe and whipped my own cream, I'm thinking Cool Whip would hold up better if you want to try for a stiffer cream layer.

  • 1 quart strawberries, sliced
  • 1 (13.5 oz.) package strawberry glaze
  • 1 (4 oz) package cream cheese, softened (1/2 block)
  • 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
  • 1/4 t. ground cinnamon
  • 1 t. vanilla
  • 1 cup heavy whipping cream 
  • 1 (9") baked pie crust (I used a pre-made graham cracker crust)
1. Stir strawberries with glaze in a bowl and place in fridge to chill. Stir cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla together in a bowl.

2. Beat cream in a separate bowl with an electric mixer just until it begins to thicken; add cream cheese mixture and continue beating until thick. Pour cream mixture into baked pie crust; top with strawberry mixture. Chill at least 1 hour before serving.


well I thought I had a picture of the sliced pie but can't find it - when I do I'll update this!! 

 recipe found here

9.7.21: TT - solo cup measurements, who knew?

9.7.20: face mask with filter pocket

9.2.19: wild mushroom and thyme soup (made myself laugh 3 years later!)

9.7.18: tomato tart

9.7.16: brownie, oreo, reese's ice cream cake






No comments:

Post a Comment