Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Cathy's Strawberry Pie

Cathy makes an incredible strawberry/pineapple layered pie that is SO good - she gave me the recipe a long time ago (because you know me, I'm not above begging for a fabulous recipe!) but until now I didn't have a picture to post with the recipe...and now I do. I'm not going to go on and on about how creamy, fruity, yummy, summery, and sweet this is - I don't have enough words. Just trust me, you want to make this pie.

Ingredients:

pre-baked pie crust (homemade or store bought, you decide)

8 oz. cream cheese
6 1/2 oz. crushed pineapple, drained but save the juice
3 T. sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

1 1/2 cups crushed strawberries
reserved pineapple juice
1 cup sugar
3-4 T. cornstarch

3-4 cups chopped strawberries

Cool whip, Reddi-Whip, or whipped cream if desired

Directions:
  1. Mix together the cream cheese, crushed pineapple, 3 T. sugar, and vanilla, and pour into the piecrust.
  2. In a saucepan combine crushed strawberries, pineapple juice, 1 cup sugar and the cornstarch. Cook until clear and thick. Cool.
  3. Once it's cool add 3-4 cups chopped strawberries and pour over cream cheese layer. 
  4. Refrigerate until it sets up. Top with whipped cream if using. 



1 comment:

  1. Great post and Great recipe! looks soo tasty
    Have you seen this recipe too?
    It's honestly one of my favorite treats for holidays and Birthdays.

    ReplyDelete