Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Peanut Butter Granola

Going on a road trip with my sister and 4 nieces...gonna need snacks. I was originally going to make a snack mix recipe that has pretzels, cereal, cheez it's, and ramen noodles but when I told Dave I wanted to make it he "forbid" me from having anything with orange powdery cheese on it in the car! I said "excuse me, we are adults and aren't going to get cheez it's in the car, duh". Then he went on a minor rant about how there's already glitter embedded in the car that he can't get out and to please not add orange powdery cheese to the mess I've made LOL. I laughed, rolled my eyes, and found a different recipe just in case we actually do make an orange mess in the car hahahaha. So we have peanut butter granola instead - if we don't eat it all in the car it'll be great added to some plain greek yogurt for breakfast.


  • 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
  • 1/3 cup honey or pure maple syrup
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 tablespoons coconut oil
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 cup chopped toasted nuts (almonds, peanuts, etc.)
  • 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
  1. Preheat the oven to 325'
  2. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
  3. In a glass bowl, combine peanut butter, honey or maple syrup, vanilla, coconut oil, and salt. Melt until the ingredients are smooth and well combined. (took me just a few seconds on high).
  4. In a large bowl combine the oats and nuts. Pour the peanut butter mixture over the dry ingredients, stirring with a wooden spoon until evenly coated.
  5. Spread the granola onto the prepared baking sheet, bake for 15-20 minutes stirring a couple times.
  6. Let the granola cool completely before stirring in the chocolate chips if you are using.
Yields 4 1/2 cups of granola. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks. 

found the recipe at Mels Kitchen Cafe.


No comments:

Post a Comment