Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Candy's Shrimp Dip


Candy's recipe for her shrimp dip is not an exact science so every time I make it I'm sort of feeling around to get the actual measurements, and it turns out different every time! The good news is that it always tastes good and everyone loves it :). I made it for an appetizer the other night and this time measured everything I put in - I'll share her "recipe" followed by the amounts that I put in... I usually follow her instructions tho and just keep adding a few drops to tweak it until it tastes good and has the right consistency to dip crackers or veggies (or your finger) in. Make this ahead of time and give it time to chill for a few hours.

Combine 8 ounces softened cream cheese with enough mayo and lemon juice to make it spreadable. Add 3 cans of drained tiny shrimp, a few drops of tabasco and worcestershire to taste, season with salt and pepper. Chill 8 hours, serve with Ritz crackers.

I added 1/4 cup mayo and 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon tabasco (it was a little spicy this time), 1 teaspoon worcerstershire. Served it with Ritz, flatbread crackers, and crunchy pita chips. Yum.


3 comments: