Thursday, July 12, 2018

Baking Tip: Alternating Ingredients

Yesterday's banana cupcakes (click here for that post) have you alternating wet and dry ingredients mixing well after each addition. If you've never done that before it's simple - sometimes the recipe will tell you how much of each to add at a time, if not I do roughly 1/3 of the dry followed by 1/3 of the liquid. I don't actually know why this is done some of the time but I figure there's a good reason so if it says to do it that way I do :). Someone smarter than me has figured it out, I'm not going to rebel and dump it all in at the same time!


The banana cupcake recipe only needs 1/4 cup of liquid so that's not much to alternate with the dry ingredients - I just did it a tablespoon at a time.


one year ago: jam filled muffins
two years ago: Jen's got us exercising with circuit stations

No comments:

Post a Comment