Monday, September 14, 2020

Festive Cake Topper

I made a quick easy poke cake to take to a birthday dinner last week (posting tomorrow, check it out!); since it was for a birthday I'd normally put sprinkles or something festive on top but didn't think that'd work on the cool whip topping (I didn't want the sprinkles to run and it seems like they would, right?) so instead of leaving it plain I decided to make a cake topper to insert into the cake and jazz up the white cake top.

This idea came to me at the very last minute so it needed to be a quick project - checking in my party supplies drawer I was inspired by a paper birthday hat and paper straws and came up with this easy decoration -  just cut out the 'happy birthday' from the center of the hat, punch a hole in either end, tie onto paper straws using curly ribbon, then curl the ribbons. Done!






click here to see how to make the strawberry shortcake poke cake

No comments:

Post a Comment