Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Tip-sy Tuesday: stovetop toasted garbanzo beans

I make roasted garbanzo beans in the oven all the time - just drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle on seasonings and bake until crunchy. We were camping over the weekend and I'm too afraid to figure out how to turn on the RV propane oven but I wanted my crunchy garbanzos - hmmm I had the thought that maybe they'd toast on the stovetop?

Rinse and drain a can of beans, put in a skillet over medium heat and drizzle with a little olive oil. Add seasoning (I like coarse salt, sometimes I change it and add pepper, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper, up to you - they're all good!) and cook until they are golden brown and crunchy - it took way less time than in the oven so keep your eye on the pan, and shake the pan occasionally. 

They turned out perfect, and I didn't have to turn on scary propane oven!



No comments:

Post a Comment