Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Crazy Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie

So guys, I went a little bonkers and out of the box making this crazy donut and candy topped pie! You'll either love it or hate it - too much? Or is it perfect? Here's the backstory ~

My sis always asks for some kind of peanut butter chocolate thing for her birthday; this year before I started making an easy layered creamy pie for her (there are tons of recipes online, I pretty much followed the one I found here) she made the comment that I didn't have to make anything and she'd be happy with a long john.

Hmmm that got me thinking - what would happen if I gave her both of her dessert desires? I've seen cakes topped with donuts (hello Pinterest), how 'bout a peanut butter chocolate pie topped with a long john? Then this happened:


  • chocolate cookie pie crust (or crush 16 oreos, mix with 2 T. soft butter and press into pie pan)
  • 1 pkg. cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
  • 16 oz. Cool Whip, thawed, divided
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 small pkg instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
  • chopped mini peanut butter cups (a big handful)
In a large bowl beat the cream cheese, peanut butter and 1 cup confectioners' sugar with a handheld mixer until smooth. Fold in 1/2 Cool Whip until incorporated. Spoon into the prepared pie crust. Top with chopped mini peanut butter cups.


In another bowl beat together milk, pudding mix, and remaining 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar for 2 minutes, let set for a couple minutes until soft-set. Fold in remaining Cool Whip until incorporated and spread on top of peanut butter cups. Cover and chill for 3 hours. 


So you can be done here and have a delicious peanut butter chocolate dessert and everyone will be thrilled. Orrrrrrr you could go a little crazy and top it with a mixture of Oreo thins cut in half, different sizes of Reese's peanut butter cups (some chopped, some whole), chopped Reese's white peanut butter cups, mini oreos, Hershey's hugs, snowcaps, and white sprinkles! 


I've come this far with the crazy toppings, why stop there - so I added a long john and frosted round donut on top of all that! Be careful what you wish for sister ;)


I also made peanut butter buckeyes - 'cuz you can never
have enough chocolate peanut butter desserts! 



No comments:

Post a Comment