Sunday, September 9, 2018

Around The Campfire (week 36)

Dear Campers ~

Here's a recap of the week of tomatoes and some random chitchat about the happenings at 'day camp':


Posts you might have missed ~

9/2: around the campfire (week 35)
9/3: roasted corn and rice stuffed tomatoes
9/4: tomato jam
9/5: fresh tomato sauce
9/6: roasted cherry tomatoes with angel hair and homemade croutons
9/7: tomato tart
9/8: b.l.a.t. sandwich



What's cooking ~
  • grilled pork tenderloin, stuffed tomatoes, fresh spinach
  • baked salmon, cauliflower rice mixed with peas and chopped carrots, creamed spinach
  • grilled chicken sausage, tomato tart, steamed broccoli
  • buffalo burger salad
  • steak, baked potato, caprese salad (another delicious thing to do with those tomatoes!)
  • we went out twice this week - that's unusual!  

Miscellaneous stuff keeping me busy but not interesting enough for an entire post ~
  • read the first Harry Potter (Sorceror's Stone) book, and "Fairest" by Marissa Meyer (part of the Lunar Chronicles which I discovered while working in the middle school library - it's a good series!)
  • did the Great Pumpkin Run 5k with my sister and friends. I should clarify that I did more like a "Great Pumpkin Walk" but the shirt is the same so no one needs to know. 
  • made 3 more morse code bracelets (I intended to only make 2 but I spelled one wrong! Not that anyone would probably notice hahaha but I couldn't give it with the words spelled wrong, even if it is in code LOL)
  • helped Ronda at her Stampin' Up studio - I haven't been helping much and I missed it (and her), so took time to help out. I punched out 400 paper bats, 400 gray leafy sprigs, at least 800 circles (maybe more!), and 200 hearts in addition to stamping 200 tags. I'm always so inspired to be in her crafty creative paper world!
  • changed my office completely around - which is really just code for procrastinating when I should have been working. It happens. Sometimes it's nice to change things around and see your stuff in a new way - I moved everything, de-cluttered a bit, put it all back in a different way. Fresh and new, and no more excuses to get work done (for now).
That's it - hope you guys enjoyed "tomato week"...not as cool as "shark week" but it is what it is...see ya next week!

Sincerely,

Your camp counselor, Jill



one year ago: wine cork flower holder




No comments:

Post a Comment