Sunday, September 30, 2018

Around the Campfire (week 39)

Dear Campers ~

Happy last day of September! It's my BFFE's birthday (Happy Birthday Mary!!); it's cold and rainy here (in the matter of a few days it's suddenly Fall - last weekend was hot and humid!); ukulele hoedown was last night - perfect chilly weather for a big ol' campfire, snuggling in blankets, and singing songs with Dave playing the uke..fun! I love fall :)

Here's a recap of last week to catch you up:

Posts you might have missed ~

9/23: around the campfire (week 38)
9/24: jute wrapped flameless candle
9/25: make a photo collage
9/26: german chocolate cheesecake
9/27: morse code bracelets with matching strands
9/28: chicken parmesan stuffed portobello mushrooms
9/29: rhubarb pudding

What's Cooking ~
  • chili with corn muffins
  • grilled steak, spinach cheese stuffed portobello mushrooms, wedge salad
  • spaghetti squash with homemade spaghetti meat sauce (still all about those tomatoes!)
  • chicken parmesan stuffed portobello mushrooms with steamed broccoli 
  • pork chops in mushroom soup 'gravy' over rice, steamed greens beans and spinach 
  • grilled mahi mahi (use a grill basket so the fish doesn't break apart!), rice, sautéed spinach 
Miscellaneous stuff keeping me busy but not interesting enough for an entire post ~
  • started a bunch of crafts that I'll share soon!
  • updated our ukulele songbooks for the sing-a-long party last night. latest addition has 61 songs and most of them are '60's because that's what Dave likes to play hahaha. I'm working on getting him to add more traditional campfire songs but he's resistant ;)
  • tomatoes! 
  • checked out 4 books from the library but no time to read this week.
  • no time to read but I did finish watching "Making It" - did you know there was a show on this summer about crafty people being challenged to make stuff? The competed for the title "Master Maker" - I wanna be a master maker! Can't believe they didn't ask me to be on it  LOL. It's pretty good if you're into that kind of thing...I love challenge design, cooking, fashion, etc. shows! 
Can you believe tomorrow is October?! Yikes, I just realize (once again) I haven't started any Holiday projects yet...good grief I'm behind...

See ya next week - so far I've got some craft things to show you, a cookie recipe with a funny story behind it, and my sister has blogged about pumpkins (this should be good, right?!). Bye!

your camp counselor, Jill

1 comment:

  1. What a great post and information. These tips and idea you shared is really great....Keep sharing more reviewworlddigital

    ReplyDelete