Saturday, September 29, 2018

Rhubarb Pudding

Dave's aunt gave me a bunch of recipe cards years ago - a couple of them are "chicken tetrazzini for a crowd" which for some reason (uh, how 'bout because it serves 20-25 people!) I've never made, "Shirl's coconut crunch dessert"(it's Dave's moms recipe that I'll share another time), "hot fruit", and this one for "rhubarb pudding" that I make quite often when someone gives me rhubarb. Don't know why it's called pudding - it seems like rhubarb crisp to me, but she calls it pudding and so will I :) I'm just remembering another recipe I have for Apple Pudding (click for that post) and it's a cake...hmmmm what am I missing with this whole "pudding that isn't pudding" thing?



Ingredients:
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 3 cups diced rhubarb
  • 1/2 stick butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup flour
Beat the egg, salt, and sugar together until light lemon color. Pour over 3 cups diced rhubarb in a bowl, mixing well. Pour into a greased 9"x9" pan. 

Mix together the butter, brown sugar, and flour until it makes crumbs. Sprinkle over the rhubarb mixture and bake 1 hour at 350'. Serve warm.

Note: I added about a cup of frozen raspberries to the rhubarb this time - yum!
















No comments:

Post a Comment