Saturday, September 22, 2018

Cassie's Flower Arrangement in Glass Bottles

Cassandra asked me to help her arrange a huge assortment of artificial flowers she bought to go in her new salon bathroom - she is renting space in a strip mall that started as a plain old white box and she has been fixing it up over the past few month. She has built partitions, striped some walls, painted one wall the most beautiful deep teal/green/stormy blue color that I'm now obsessed with and trying to figure out where I can paint it in my house (!), hung a pretty chandelier, ombre'd  the walls in each cubicle...so much work and it's really turning out nice. Anyway, she wanted something on the wall in her bathroom and bought a flower holder that is a bunch of little bottles in a wooden holder and all these flowers. When I saw how many flowers she had I thought no way they would all fit in the vase but guess what - we just kept building and adding and used them all. Normally the rule of thumb is to not have the arrangement be more than 1 and 1/2 times taller than the vase, these flowers are taller than that but after standing it on the back of the toilet it fills up the wall and the scale doesn't look 'off' to me! Goes to show you - sometimes rules are meant to be broken :) Do what looks good to you, that's what matters.




No comments:

Post a Comment