Sunday, September 23, 2018

Around the Campfire (week 38)

Dave took this gorgeous photo of a hummingbird in flight,
I printed and hung it over a really ugly framed
picture that came with our RV.  Now I can look at this
beauty instead - so much better!
Dear Campers ~

Congrats to Laurie Steiner for winning the 3rd anniversary of MMDC celebration drawing! Thanks to everyone for commenting, posting, and sharing about the blog - I appreciate all y'all!! Here's a recap of what happened around camp this week:

Post you might have missed ~

9/16: around the campfire (week 37)
9/17: giant candy card
9/18: plant hanger
9/19: strawberry swirl cheesecake
9/20: winner of the anniversary celebration drawing
9/21: rhubarb bbq sauce
9/22: Cassie's flower arrangement

What's Cooking ~
  • steak and romaine "wedge" salad  - replaced the iceberg in a traditional wedge salad of halved cherry tomatoes, blue cheese crumbles, bacon bits, balsamic glaze, ranch/blue cheese dressing, with sliced steak overtop
  • chicken quesadilla with chopped lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, salsa, sour cream
  • grilled canadian bacon and mushroom pizzas with tossed salad
  • bbq ribs (on the grill), coleslaw, green beans
  • leftover meatloaf with tomato jam on the side, veggies
  • grilled spiced rubbed pork chops, butternut ravioli, chopped kale salad
  • chicken parmesan stuffed portabello mushrooms (I'll share this recipe soon, it's a keeper!)
Miscellaneous stuff keeping me busy but not interesting enough for an entire post ~
  • believe it or not, I am still harvesting (and roasting) tons of tomatoes! And they are still flowering so if it stays warm we'll have more for a while longer...the beans have about had it and didn't do nearly as good as the 'maters. But that's ok - if I had to deal with as many beans as I have tomatoes we'd be in big trouble.
  • read another murder-with-recipes book, this time by Joanne Fluke (title is something about wedding cake) and it wasn't very good, but I got lots of cookie recipes to try so not a total waste of time!
  • made yet another morse code bracelet
  • made yet another cheesecake - this time German Chocolate (I'll post it this coming week). I'm on a cheesecake roll now that I've figured out the tricks! 
  • camped for a few days - you can tell by the menu above which days hahaha. 
Hope you have a great, busy, creative, fulfilling week! As usual it's busy around here -  so far I know there is an upcoming recipe you're going to want to see, a new jewelry project I made up all by myself ;), and we're having a "Ukulele Hoedown" (yep, I said 'ukulele hoedown'). See ya!


Sincerely, 

Jill
 your camp counselor

No comments:

Post a Comment