Thursday, June 8, 2023

Chicken Enchiladas by Macey

Chicken Enchiladas! 

SOOO GOOD! 

This is one of my favorites, and it’s so easy to make, quick prep and cook time, and always delicious!! 

First, I take corn tortillas and add shredded chicken in the middle of each tortilla. 

In a pan, I’m sautéing white onion and a little chopped garlic … (not all the way cooking thru, just carmelizing the onion so that it still has a little crunch).

Then add the onion/garlic to the chicken tortillas, sprinkle with Mexican cheese… roll the tortillas as you would for an enchilada, pack them tight side by side in a pan (I use a cast iron pan that looks like a cake pan but more heavy duty (sorry idk what it’s called lol). 

Depending on my mood, I either pour red or green La Victoria taco sauce, and salsa and then sprinkle with more cheese on top.

Bake in the oven for 10 minutes and wa-La! 

On the side, I usually do a can of Cuban black beans, also baked in the oven with raw onions chopped in with the beans, and then Mexican cheese on top! Beans take about 7 minutes to cook. I usually wait to add cheese until it’s halfway done so that the cheese isn't burnt (but slightly crispy on the edges). 


6.8.22: crabby mushrooms

6.8.21: tip-sy tuesday saving the bees

6.8.20: Tip-sy Tuesday: stovetop toasted garbanzo beans 

6.8.19: ice cream sandwich cake







6.8.18: travel blog: Germany to Sweden

6.8.17: Cathy painted over a painting

6.8.16: mini cheesecakes 


No comments:

Post a Comment