Friday, June 16, 2023

My Sister Tried It: Pineapple corer and slicer

WHAT.  SERIOUSLY.  So.. I saw something on Amazon lightning deal that I absolutely did not need. Vs.. all of the other things I repeatedly buy that are TOTAL needs. HAHAHA.. (threw that in just in case the hubby reads this)…

So. Back to lightning deal.  A pineapple corer.  Yep we have all seen a pineapple corer before (pretty sure) but this one was different.  It has a circular “cutter” on the bottom.  So this one claims to not only core it but cut perfect Pineapple rings all in the same shot.  I don’t eat a lot of pineapple but I would say the reason for that is primarly because of what a hassle and mess it is to cut.  I also cut too close to the outside “peel” because I don’t want to waste any of the delicious goodness.  That leads me to have little pieces of outside on my fruit.  So when I saw this one I thought it was a great idea- and maybe if it works I would be more apt to actually buy pineapple? The best part was the price on lightning deal which I’m not going to lie is what gave me the final push to buy it. 
 
So. The directions said to cut off the top of the pineapple- just press this little sucker down and start spinning.  I was VERY skeptical but gave it a try.  About one minute in I realized this thing is FANTASTIC. I did what anyone would do and immediately called my sister.  So that explains why some of these pictures are screen shots from her phone. HAHA. She was as amazed as I was.  SO easy, SO fast.  Says works on any pineapple 3-5 pounds.  Also Says in the directions if I stop before I break through the bottom of the pineapple I could retain all the juice inside.  I was too zealous in my spinning and just kept going though and broke through the bottom of the pineapple so didn’t get the enjoyment of the juice. Thinking to add a little vodka to the juice right inside the pineapple next time and I’m like a bartender at a tiki hut in Hawaii! LOL.

Either way – this thing was a steal and I can actually see myself using this in the future.  Now I have to go and enjoy some pineapple.







6.16.21: minty dream cookies 

6.16.20: tip-sy tuesday: toasting pine nuts



6.16.17: outfit idea - distressed jeans

6.16.16: scottie topiary

No comments:

Post a Comment