Thursday, June 16, 2022

Chicken Cheeseburger Shepherds Pie

I made this for a 'my sis is hungry' post and her review, but she forgot to send me the review and now she can't find it - instead of making her write it up again I'll just give you the recap of what they thought...which was it's delicious other than the pickles. Funny, the pickles is our favorite part hahah. 

I made it for her family following the recipe and I think that's maybe why we have different opinions - I left out the peppers for our dinner, and I included them in hers. Maybe the peppers and pickles just don't go together? 

It's a mash-up of cheeseburgers and shepherds pie - to describe it better for you I'd say it's like shepherd pie with mustard and pickles added. I don't think peppers is a normal shepherds pie ingredient (?) and wonder if that's what threw it off for them. 

Oh My Gosh - you're not going to believe this...while searching the blog for a more traditional shepherds pie post to compare the 2 I came across for another MSIH post for cheeseburger shepherds pie and she reviewed that she loved it LOLOL!! And it's a pretty similar recipe hahahha. I have such a bad memory I completely forgot I made this in '19. Click here for the other mash-up post and her review - I'm still posting this because I've already written it all out hahahah. 

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken, ground turkey, or ground beef
  • 1/2 cup chopped red and/or green sweet pepper
  • 1/3 cup chopped onion
  • 2 t. minced garlic
  • 1 1/2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste with Italian herbs
  • 1/2 cup coarsely chopped dill pickles or 1/4 cup dill pickle relish
  • 1/4 cup yellow mustard
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 oz.)
  • 1 (24 oz.) container refrigerated mashed potatoes
  • sliced green onions and/or chopped pickles, optional for garnish

Directions: 

Instructions Checklist

  • 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat an oven-safe 4- to 5-qt. baking dish with cooking spray. In a large skillet, cook the ground meat, peppers, onion and garlic in the pot over medium-high heat until meat is browned. Drain off any fat.


6.16.21: minty dream cookies 

6.16.20: tip-sy tuesday: toasting pine nuts



6.16.17: outfit idea - distressed jeans

6.16.16: scottie topiary

No comments:

Post a Comment