Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Crabby Fun-guy

We love the 'crabby mushrooms' at a local restaurant (Maru), so when the fam came over the other night for sushi bowls and teriyaki I decided to take a stab at making the crab stuffed mushrooms. Of course I can't steal their name so we thought up our own version and my sis said 'Crabby Fungi' (fungi being mushrooms) which sounds like crabby fun-guy so that's the name that we settled on hahahah. 

I used clean button mushrooms, I don't see why you couldn't use another type of mushroom like portobellos. Remove the stem and hollow out a portion of the inside to form a cup.

For the filling - I combined 1/3 block of softened cream cheese, 1 can of crab (well-drained), 2 T. mayo, dash of worcestershire sauce, and 1/4 cup grated parmesan. Stir to combine until smooth. Fill the mushroom cups with the mixture, bake at 375' until filling is hot and melted. 

To make it like Maru does, I served them over some mixed greens with teriyaki sauce on the side. Yum.

Brooke loves crabby mushrooms so I was excited for her to try them, knowing she'd be honest haha, and she said they're just as good as the original - maybe even better. Woohoo!! 


6.8.21: tip-sy tuesday saving the bees

6.8.20: Tip-sy Tuesday: stovetop toasted garbanzo beans 

6.8.19: ice cream sandwich cake







6.8.18: travel blog: Germany to Sweden

6.8.17: Cathy painted over a painting

6.8.16: mini cheesecakes 

No comments:

Post a Comment