Thursday, June 8, 2017

Repurpose Old Artwork

Cathy sent me this picture months ago and I completely forgot about it until I stopped by her house the other day and saw it in person - she did such a good job and I love this idea...I'll now be scouring garage sales to find some old artwork to change into something new!


She found these 3 canvas panels that someone was throwing out - they used to be painted in funky modern colors with paint splashes and drips on them. She painted straight overtop with a white base coat, it's hard to make out but in person you can see the texture in the background around the flowers - I would not have thought of doing that. Don't bother trying to smooth the canvas out, just paint straight over - the texture from the original painting adds interest. Then using the bedspread as a guide she freehand painted flowers to match using plain old craft paints. Didn't this turn out great?



2 comments:

  1. So cute and inviting! Cool and refreshing! Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agree - love the idea. I'll tell her you said so!

      Delete